[asterisk-users] FXO Cards vs. Channel bank with T1

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Oct 31 12:36:41 MST 2006

Dovid B wrote:
> Is there any advantage of getting a T1 card with a channel bank over 2-3 FXO cards ?
> Thanks.

In my experience a T-1 port w/channel bank just works better.  The more
cards you use, the more interrupts are generated.

My standard configuration for analog FXS ports is a T-1 card (Digium or
Sangoma) and an Adtran TA750 Channel Bank.  The Adtrans can be found
very cheap on eBay.  FXO ports tend to be much expensive, but you can
find them on eBay as well.

Why not just get a PRI or channelized voice T-1?