[asterisk-users] Asterisk on virtual machine

Ryan Amos ramos at finetooth.com
Tue Oct 31 10:31:05 MST 2006

Asterisk does not work very well in a VM due to the timeslicing. Dropped
calls, jittery audio and echo can all creep in.

Good news is that an AD controller runs just fine in VMware. Just make
sure the box has enough RAM to keep it happy, and use a physical second
disk for the Windows install. So I'd suggest running Asterisk in Linux
as the native OS, and running VMware with Windows Server as a guest OS.
This setup should work just fine for you.