[asterisk-users] dial D option with w for wait?

BerkHolz, Steven StevenBerkHolz at TESCOGroup.com
Tue Oct 31 05:27:00 MST 2006

>From WIKI:
D(digits): After the called party answers, send digits as a DTMF stream,
then connect the call to the originating channel. (You can also use 'w'
to produce .5 second pauses.)

When I use the D option to send a call to my paging system and pick a
zone, the Tone is too early.
I have tried the 'w' option, but it does not appear to work.

No matter how many 'w's I use, the tone is still immediately on answer.

Is this a known issue?
Is there a work around?

My current workaround is to send both channel to a meetme that runs a
macro to play the tone.
This is way to much overhead to play a single tone after .5 or 1
seconds.

Please advise.

Thank You,

Steven BerkHolz