[asterisk-users] Re: Architecture for Asterisk

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Oct 31 02:58:43 MST 2006

31 okt 2006 kl. 01.37 skrev jezzzz .:

> Thanks for the diagram. Is it possible to get a more detailed
> diagram. I'm looking for something a little more technical. In
> other words, where does Asterisk stand when inviting a user, when
> hanging up, when canceling an invitation etc.. Does it go direct
> from user to user or does it go to Asterisk?

Asterisk is not a SIP proxy, we're a back-to-back-SIP-ua, b2bua.
Everything ends in Asterisk and Asterisk,
being a PBX, decides what to do next.

In some cases we re-invite the media to go p2p, but SIP signalling
ends in Asterisk.

In SIP terminology: We're a SIP registrar/location server, SIP
outbound proxy (or can be configured as one to
be more correct) and a SIP b2bua, but not a SIP proxy.

/O