[asterisk-users] How to do Automatic Daylight Saving on Grandstream GXP-2000

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Mon Oct 30 08:58:21 MST 2006

Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:

> Hi,
> I'd set the daylight saving option to yes on all the GXP-2000 phones,
> but apparantly it doesn't move it an hour back on last sunday of
> October. So now I am stuck will all the phones showing the wrong time.
> Isn't there an option so that it'll automatically update daylight
> savings?
> Thanks
> --
> Zeeshan A Zakaria

Hi,

Firmware 1.1.1.14 for the GXP2000 supports automatic Dalight Savings
Time adjustment (AFAIK it was introduced in 1.1.1.11).
Upgrade the firmware and add the following to your .cfg file or set via
the webpage...

# Daylight Savings Time: 0 - No, 1 - Yes
P75 = 1

# Daylight Savings Time optional rule
P246 = 04,01,7,02,00;10,-1,7,02,00;60

See the Release Notes for the HT386, 488 and 496 at
http://www.grandstream.com/DOWNLOAD/FIRMWARE/HT386_488_496/Release_Note_HT386-488-496_1_0_3_44.pdf
for details of the Optional Rule

regards,

Drew