[asterisk-users] porting numbers in UK telewest/bt/adept

Steve Kennedy steve-asterisk at gbnet.net
Mon Oct 30 07:39:45 MST 2006

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 03:09:42PM +0000, Conrad Wood wrote:

> On 29 Oct 2006, at 11:02, Matthew Thompson wrote:
> >On 26 Oct 2006, at 11:59, Conrad Wood wrote:
> >>A client used to use BT isdn30 and ported the numbers to telewest
> >>several years ago.
> >>Now, the client moved to adept telecom. I *think* adept resells BT
> >>products. We got new numbers from adept (bt?) and the old pbx on the
> >>telewest lines forwards the calls to the new numbers.
> >What is the old PBX and how are Telewest presenting?
> >We had Telewest lines once and they were the same RJ-45 ISDN 30 as BT.
> >Would it not be possible to use a dual port card and use Adept for the
> >outgoing and Telewest for the incoming service?
> Ah - I forgot to mention that there are 2 offices involved. The client
> moved to new premises and the telewest lines are in the old office,
> Adept in the new office.
> Otherwise I would do as you suggest, yes.

Though most OLO's have the ability and can port numbers away from BT, BT
will not port numbers "out of area" i.e. if they are geographic numbers
in BT terms they are tied to an exchange.

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd  UK mob +44-(0)7775 755503
UK +44-(0)20 79932612 / US +1-(310)8577715 / Fax +44-(0)20 7483 2455
Skype/GoogleTalk/AIM/Gizmo/Mac stevekennedyuk / MSN steve at gbnet.net
Euro Tech News Blog http://eurotechnews.blogspot.com