[asterisk-users] Extension Matching with "Match As You Go" Dialing

jbauer at teec.com jbauer at teec.com
Mon Oct 30 05:46:30 MST 2006

Hi all,

when calling from the PSTN with "Match As You Go" Dialing (lift the handset
before start to dial) over a zap channel Asterisk simply takes the first
extension digit and tries to match it. Because no valid one-digit-extension
exists in my dialplan, matching fails and Asterisk says that a invaild
extension was dialed.

On voip-info.org I read that zap channels have a fixed timeout period of 3
seconds. But in my case Asterisk does not wait even 100 ms before taking the
invalid extension.

How can I tell Asterisk to wait for more extension digits, especially when
the first digit of the dialed extension is no vaild extension number?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Jens