[asterisk-users] Pager Voicemail Message

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 23:06:22 MST 2006

On 10/29/06, David <dst_u at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  I looked. There's nothing there.
>
> I even did a search under /etc/asterisk for files containing "Asterisk
> PBX" and "New VM" (both part of the Pager message) and it didn't help. I
> suspect that it may be in the code.

I would suggest looking again.  If it really isn't there, then you
are probably not using the default configuration files.  That's ok.

Either go to the location of your source files, or download the source.  Go
to the configs directory.  Look in voicemail.conf and copy the needed
sections out.  If the needed sections are commented out or don't exist
(which is probably what it is in your case), it goes by defaults.

In my file, it is around line 90.  Search for "pagersubject".  You can
change the pager subject, from string, and body.