[asterisk-users] No zap* commands?

Jim Lynch jim at fayettedigital.com
Sun Oct 29 14:07:21 MST 2006

Conrad Wood wrote:

> On 29 Oct 2006, at 20:24, Jim Lynch wrote:
>
>> I've compiled and installed the zap modules but asterisk still
>> doesn't show any zap commands when I do a help.  Any suggestions as
>> to why?
>>

> zap modules not loaded?
>
> try: load chan_zap.so on the console and/or put that into modules.conf

Said not found.  So I checked, sure enough, it isn't anywhere to be
found.  So I looked in the zaptel source.  Nothing there so I looked in
the asterisk source.  Ah!  a chan_zap.c but no chan_zap.so.  It doesn't
seem to be compiled for some reason.  There don't appear to be any
comments in the README or INSTALL files about configuration parameters
anywhere that have to be changed.

So I trashed 1.2.12 asterisk and downloaded 1.2.13.  And zaptel
1.2.10.  I'll see what that does.

Thanks,
Jim.