[asterisk-users] Compiling Zaptel 1.2.10 on Ubuntu 6.10

Mohamed A. Gombolaty mgombolaty at noorgroup.net
Sun Oct 29 02:28:12 MST 2006

Dear Storm,

I have two guesses

One could be something in the ubuntu make which makes it unable to
understand some regx in the scripts used or
I am not quite sure but check the kernel version you are having (i do
that by uname -a ) I believe you will find something there, if it is not
the same as the one in ubuntu 6.06 then try installing the kernel of 6.06
else  I have no idea.

Thx'
MAG

Strom Carlson wrote:

> Here's a weird problem that I'm not quite sure how to resolve.  Zaptel
> 1.2.10  compiles just fine with "make", but when "make install" is
> run, this happens:
>
> [ `id -u` = 0 ] && /sbin/depmod -a 2.6.17-10-generic || :
> [ -f /etc/zaptel.conf ] || install -D -m 644 zaptel.conf.sample
> /etc/zaptel.conf build_tools/genmodconf linux26 "" "tor2 torisa wcusb
> wcfxo wctdm wctdm24xxp ztdynamic ztd-eth wct1xxp wcte11xp pciradio
> ztd-loc ztdummy"
> [: 66: ==: unexpected operator
> [: 66: ==: unexpected operator
> Unknown kernel build version requested... exiting.
> make: *** [install] Error 1
>
> This worked just fine under ubuntu 6.06 with the same set of packages
> installed.  Any help is appreciated.
>
> --
> Strom Carlson
> http://www.stromcarlson.com/