[asterisk-users] Diva server 4bri and Portuguese BRI

Alberto Pastore alberto at msoft-italia.com
Sun Oct 29 02:22:52 MST 2006

Pedro Silva ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> I need to connect one diva server 4bri to a portuguese BRI interface.
> The operator (PT) said that this bri is in point-to-multipoint mode
> (S0). Previously one PBX has connected to that interface.
> The asterisk and diva drivers are working ok but i cannot communicate
> to outside via this bri. Xlite gives me the message: "call failed:
> declined".
> Anyone have experience with this setup?
> What are the main parameters for bri card configuration?
> D-channel protocol: ETSI-DSS1 or other?
> Interface mode: NT or TE?
> Direct Inward Dialing (DID): Yes ou no? (MSN ou DID?)
>
> Thanks by any kind of help!
> Best regards,
> PS.
I'm not sure about Portuguese operators standard, but I bet
ETSI-DSS1 should work just fine. The interface mode is surely
TE.
The DID/MSN should not affect outgoing calls, I generally leave DID
off unless the telco company has that service active.

If you're using the diva server for linux package from eicon
(divas4linux, currently rel. 8.2), you should find a very
simple utility named "telsampl" under /usr/lib/eicon/divas
which you can run besides asterisk, to test outgoing calls.

You should run it with this command line: "telsampl -c x"
where x is the bri port you wish to test (1..4)
then at the prompt type "c" and enter a pstn number, e.g.
your mobile phone, then you can watch the log onscreen.

If the outgoing call works, then your isdn setup is correct,
and the problem is in asterisk. The message from xlite is not
meaningful, as it could occur on many situations.
You should watch the debug output on asterisk console.

That helped me a lot.

Alberto.

Alberto Pastore
B-Press Srl - Gruppo MSoft
P.IVA 01697420030
P.le Lombardia, 4 - 28100 Novara - Italy
Tel. 0321-499508
Fax 0321-492974
http://www.msoft.it