[asterisk-users] Asterisk behind NAT and without portforwarding for rtp

Thomas Winter thowinter at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 28 16:26:03 MST 2006

Hi,
I have an Asterisk behind NAT.
NAT=yes and canreinvite=no in globals and for the peer.

I call an peer. The peer advice to use another IP for the audio and my
Asterisk is sending audio stream to the Audio server.
Because of missing port forwarding I will not receive the audio stream and
hear nothing.

I would expect that Asterisk will cancel the connection, but this didnt
happened. Asterisk will follow the reinvite from the peer.

Any solution except portforwarding?

best regards

Thomas