[asterisk-users] Re: [OT] wi-fi ip phone scenario

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Sat Oct 28 10:29:52 MST 2006

On 2006-10-27 11:55:14 -0700, "Andrew Joakimsen" <joakimsen at gmail.com> said:

> Are you using WDS? While it won't totally fix every issue, I've found in my
> trials that turning off WDS and making sure all the AP were connected to the
> same wired network was way more reliable, no more random unregistartion and
> issue with registering (still seems to unregister at times, but
> re-registartion won't require a reboot).
I think it's cleary true that wiring WIFI infrastructure is easier and
more reliable then WDS.

On the other hand,  I have been running my little network with WDS for
over three weeks now, and it has been completely reliable.

The tricks where to configure things properly and to have the bases
closer together then one would think would be needed.

Once this was setup. It works, and it keeps working.  We had a couple
of stress tests also, one black out and one unplugged router
(carpenter).

Came up cleanly and continued working fine.  No mis-registrations and
no problems.

Marty