[asterisk-users] Re: "Fixing the Caller-ID Problem", by John Todd for O'ReillyNet

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 12:00:36 MST 2006

I think the biggest issue with with telemarketers. I get blatently illegal
calls all the time, besides the fact that I am on the do not call lists.
Today I got a call from some group trying to sell me a Razr phone for $50,
automated computer, no option to remove yourself and the callerid appears
valid but when you call it you discover its not a valid number. Since I get
this particular call every few weeks I've tried to talk to them, but even
pretending to be interested in their scam they won't say anything more than
"its a t-mobile phone" and sure as hell won't give me an address or valid
telephone number.