[asterisk-users] Re: Voicemail and OSX 10.4 Intel

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Fri Oct 27 10:40:23 MST 2006

On 2006-10-27 09:59:10 -0700, "David Parcerisa" <david at drewon.com> said:

> Hello;
>
> I have a problem with voicemail and my asterisk 1.2.1 on a OS X Mac
> Pro intel box.
>
> When I try to record a message from an incoming call or a greeting
> message from internal phone using voicemail, It's like something is
> not doing well.  I can heard anything, only a distorsion sound that is
> equal to lenght of the message left.
>
> First I thoug that could be something with format=gsm|wav.
>
> I think tha could be something related to this :
>
> x=0, open writing:  /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/11/unavail
> format: wav49, 0x518fe0
>     -- x=1, open writing:
> /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/11/unavail format: wav,
> 0x180a200
>

> but I don't know what this means ... something I need to compile extra?
>
> thanyou in advance

Why are you using 1.2.1?  try updating to something a bit fresher like
1.2.12.1;~)

I have never seen any issue with this on my mac asterisk systems so I
don't think it's something extra to build.

You should see these in your /usr/lib/asterisk/modules by default.

Did you mess around with your module loading or your modules?  You
might have screwed things up that way...

Dunno really, just reaching,
Marty