[asterisk-users] Re: Re: ECHO Cancellation in SIP Calls

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Fri Oct 27 05:10:30 MST 2006

If you are calling from a SIP phone through asterisk and through a Digium card, one could argue that the Digium card IS farside of
the SIP phone.

SIP -- asterisk -- Digium -- T1/PRI/analog -- PSTN -- PSTN -- PSTN -- Destination.

I would argue that the Digium card IS on the farside of asterisk as far as the SIP phone is concerned.

We just switched from Legacy PBX to Asterisk and we get occasional echo.
Everything past the Digium card is the same as the old PBX.
We never got echo on the old PBX.

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org