[asterisk-users] Re: SIP v IAX2

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Thu Oct 26 23:46:44 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 13:08 -0700, Martin Joseph wrote:
> On 2006-10-26 09:21:20 -0700, Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com> said:

> Since they are incorporated in a single product which is doing the
> configuration, consistency where possible would be good...

That product is designed to link the two things together, are you
suggesting lowest common denominator configuration? Surely the best is
to exploit each to it's maximum to achieve that goal even if it does
make for slight differences in configuration, it is the day to day phone
user experience that really matters.

In computing inconsistances exist everywhere it is the job of a sysadmin
to sort all this out so that it is transparent to the users.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just going to a client to sort out the problems
created, yet again, by his incompetent so called sysadmin.
--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>