[asterisk-users] simple dialplan trick I can't figure out (smdi, mwi substitute)

Dovid B asteriskusers at dovid.net
Thu Oct 26 19:56:34 MST 2006

In the VM settings you can set an email to be sent to you with a copy of the voicemail in wav format or you can have a message sent to a cell phone or pager telling you that you have a VM. You can also use FOP (a web GUI that was created in flash) to see who has Vm.

As far as where the call goes when the VM is done, I believe it goes to extension S Priority 1. (dont remember for sure - so try it)

  This is what I would like to do...

  exten =>7299,1,Voicemail(u8896)
  exten =>7299,2,Dial(zap/g1/#641299)
  exten =>7299,3,Hangup

  What I would expect to happen is...

  Incoming call is answered by voicemail...
  Voicemail app finishes and the next priority starts.
  This is where the problem lies...

  After the intial call is ended the process is ended and the voicemail notification string "#641299" is never connected. Can anyone let me know if there is a way to do this. Or even better, a way to poll voicemail to see when a message is recorded, say every sixty seconds or so.