[asterisk-users] Problems with chan-capi and Eicon Diva 4BRI

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Thu Oct 26 14:22:19 MST 2006

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This weekend we had a problem with our Asterisk Box which ran flawlessly for
> nearly 4 weeks. The Asterisk server sits between the PSTN and a Siemens PBX
> and bridges 2 BRI lines. No calls, not incoming, not outgoing. The admin
> rebooted the Dell Box and then everything worked fine again.
>
> Now, I'm analyzing log files to find the cause. During the Asterisk outage the
> logfiles only show incoming (PSTN->Asterisk->PBX) calls, no outgoing. Thus I
> suspect that the Asterisk<-->PBX link was broken.
>
> In the Asterisk message file I only see "Recovery on timer expiry" errors,
> like below:
> Oct 20 17:18:26 VERBOSE[19772] logger.c: ISDN4#02: CAPI INFO 0x34e6: Recovery on timer expiry
>
> What does the timer expiry exactly mean? Was it a Layer2 or Layer 3 problem?

Actually I don't know the reason for this, but it looks like it is coming
from the connected device.

> How can I find out more or how can I activate more BRI debugging for the case
> it happens again?

Use
  divactrl mlog -c X -o >file.txt
to get full log on port X.
It also includes d-channel trace with description.

> Are there any known problems? We are using:
> Asterisk 1.2.12.1
> chan_capi-0.7.0
> divas4linux-melware-3.0.3-106.650-1
> Diva Server 4BRI-8M 2.0 PCI

No, this is mainly the same configuration I use for each installation these
days.

Armin