[asterisk-users] Re: Meetme... No channel type registered for 'zap'

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Oct 25 23:54:44 MST 2006

In article <20061025220401.GG17807 at anima.vanbaak.info>,
Michiel van Baak <michiel at vanbaak.info> wrote:
> On 20:50, Wed 25 Oct 06, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> > In fact if you do "make samples" in your asterisk directory, it will
> > install default configuration files in the right place for you.
>
> do _NOT_ i repeat _NOT_ do this if you have your actual
> configs in /etc/asterisk

Unless you realise that the makefile copies your existing configs to
backup files. You can then either copy the customised ones back, or
use vimdiff to copy your customisations into the updated template.

> It messed up my configs twice.

Hmm, not nice :-(

> "Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?"

I think it comes from the verb "to use": drug addicts use drugs and
computer afficionados use computers.

Cheers
Tony
--