[asterisk-users] Simple example for call transfer.

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 15:07:12 MST 2006

In your extensions.conf in the proper context {a [context] is placed within
parenthesis) you should have:

exten => _001xxxxxxxxxxxx,1,Dial(SIP/yourprovider/${EXTEN})

If you needed to strip the leading two zeros and replace that with a single
number 9, you would have:

exten => _001xxxxxxxxxxxx,1,Dial(SIP/yourprovider/9${EXTEN:2}

If the number of digits dialed isn't always fixed (the above examples
assume, including the 001 prefix, that the number you are dialing is EXACTLY
fifteen digits long) and you wanted to play music on hold while the call
rings AND you wanted it to stop trying that number after 30 seconds, then
you would use:

exten _001.,1,Dial(SIP/yourprovider${EXTEN}|30,m)

These examples should give you the basic foundation of understanding to
scuplt your own dialplans, if in doubt of anything take a look here:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20config%20extensions.conf

Its the offical non-offical Asterisk documentation site!