[asterisk-users] Cisco 7971G-GE & SEP{MAC}.cnf.xml

Kelvin Williams kelvin-lists at williamschadwell.com
Wed Oct 25 13:59:30 MST 2006

I have been forced to introduce a Cisco 7971G-GE into my network, because
"it has a pretty screen."  I have wasted nearly three days fighting with the
thing based upon the information on voip-info.org and a few other forums.

Asterisk is reporting a 401 Unauthorized.  Which typically means bad
username/password combination.  Unfortunately, all of the usernames and
passwords I see in the config file, are as they appear in the sip.conf.

Is it possible to get further debug information from Asterisk regarding the
401-ie.  What Asterisk doesn't like about it?

The chances that the information I have obtained from voip-info.org or the
other forums that discuss the 7971G-GE and Asterisk could be incomplete.
Would anyone happen to have a working configuration for the 7971G-GE
(running SIP70.8-0-4SR1S) they would care to share, or allow me to purchase.

I really need to get the child who signs my paycheck his "pretty screen."

Thanks in advance,

kw