[asterisk-users] IAX2 goes "one way audio" when lag gets bad

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 08:14:43 MST 2006

Hi Matt -

> I have a customer who experiences, once in a while, one-way audio...
> That is... they can hear the person they called, but the person can
> not hear them.
>
> On the customer's end I have the following config in iax.conf:
> trunk=no
> (I have also tried trunk=yes and nothing for trunk=)
> jitterbuffer=yes
> forcejitterbuffer=yes
> dropcount=3
> minexcessbuffer=80
> jittershrinkrate=1

If you're using Asterisk 1.2.x, dropcount, jittershrinkrate and
minexcesbuffer don't do anything.  They are ignored by 1.2.x unless
you specify that you want to use the old 1.0.x jitterbuffer.  Instead
you might try the parameters maxjitterbuffer, resyncthreshold, and
maxjitterinterps.  For more, you can check out the sample iax.conf.

I believe, also, that you are correct in setting trunk=no.  I know in
the 1.0.x jitterbuffer, trunk was not fully supported.  I think this
is still the case with the 1.2.x jitterbuffer.

- Noah