[asterisk-users] Disconnect problems and off-hook warning tone

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Tue Oct 24 12:30:02 MST 2006

On 2006-10-24 10:32:09 -0700, "Henry.L.Coleman"
<henry.coleman at voip-pbx.ca> said:

> Hi all, the lists seems to be littered with disconnect problems using
> various equipment (TDM 400,Linksys etc etc.)
> My question is very simple and could make for good solution to Asterisk
> users.
> Since * can detect various tones according to different country standards
> would it be possible to disconnect on the 'off-hook' warning tone?
This doesn't seem very helpful, unless I am misunderstanding.  It takes
quite a while for this warning to start.  Generally, I think these
problems are about a delayed hangup detection, but rarely in my (very
limited) experience does it persist long enough to get to the off hook
warning tone.
> This tone is:
> 1400 Hz, 2060 Hz, 2450 Hz, and 2600 Hz, at a cadence of 0.1s on, 0.1s off .
> is it very easy to establish if this tone is present on the line simply
> ask the non-asterisk end to hangup and wait on the line if you hear a lou d
> warning tone then that is the disconnect tone!.
> If this tone could be detected and issued as the "#" then * would see thi s
> as a dialled digit and force a disconnect.

I don't understand this last bit either...  This could be a last
defense against off hook PSTN lines.

My biggest issue of this kind is with my gateway (wellgate 3701a) which
doesn't sense the hangup very quickly and leaves me quite a few empty
voicemails...

I had it set to do polarity reversal detection, which fixed the
voicemail, but seemed to hangup on some calls (which is far worse).

Marty