[asterisk-users] UA - number assignment

Paul Ianas Paul.Ianas at level7.ro
Tue Oct 24 00:22:33 MST 2006

My problem is simple and I've issued it about 3 weeks ago. I want the
UAs to authenticate with a number to the SIP server. Is this possible?

For example, I configured an AT-RG613TX (Allied Telesyn Residential
Gateway). In its configuration it is not possible for me to skip
specifying a number (ex. 102) along with the username. I've looked into
the source code (SIP implementation) of Asterisk and, as I figured out,
it is not possible to tell Asterisk the number the user has.

The question is: how can I assign a number to a user in Asterisk? One
solution would be to define two rules in extensions.conf :

exten => 102,1,SetCallerId,${FWDCIDNAME}

exten => 102,2,Dial(SIP/pianas)

these would tell Asterisk that user pianas has the number 102.

Is there any other solution for my problem? (a database for example).

Thank you.

--

Paul Ianas

Programming Engineer