[asterisk-users] Polycom SP4000 ftp problem

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Mon Oct 23 20:38:08 MST 2006

On Monday 23 October 2006 17:38, Edwin Lam wrote:
> Re: [asterisk-users] Polycom SP4000 ftp problem
>  From: Edwin Lam <elam at officegeneral.com>
>  To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
>
> Carla Schroder wrote:
>
> > Sooo...stick with tftp? :) Seriously, that's what it's for. tftp isn't
really
> > an FTP server; it uses a different protocol, and uses only a single port
(UDP
> > 69). You can't use real FTP servers for this.
>
> sure if there's a tftp server that can provide the security and flexibility
> of ftp server.

The difference between tftp and 'real' FTP servers is it does not ask for a
login- that's why it's used for diskless clients and PXE net installs. ProFTP
(and all other FTP servers) require a login authorization. This is usually
invisible to the end-user on public FTP servers, but it's still there. So I'd
look for how the phone authorizes itself to the ftp server.