[asterisk-users] Asterisk and dialer Running on Thin Clients

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Oct 23 15:29:40 MST 2006

Hi

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 04:08:15PM -0400, Ignacio Ortega A. wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> Im the IT Manager for a new call center and my bosses has assing to me a
> very dificult task
> i have to configure the call center using Hp 5520 thin clients, asterisk and
> some kind of dialer
> that allows outbound calls.
>
> I triyed using terminal services but it dind worked because the lack on the
> sound and the microphone
> do not work on the thin clients using terminal services, we tried to install
> Linux in the Thin Clients
> but they are to small to to a have a decent OS inside, im waiting a demo
> version of Citrix in order to see
> if we can get the sofphones work

Too small? They can't bee too small to run a minimal Linux with a simple
X desktop and a SIP client.

Note that you better not use a terminal server settings. The SIP client
should run on the thin client's CPU, not on the server's CPU. The server
can help with the boot process (maybe a shared NFS root will prove
useful).

> i dont know what else to tink because in top of tha we nee to get a dialer
> tha supports this enviroment.
>
> PLEASE ANY HELP WILL BE MORE THAN

Please don't SHOUT.

--