[asterisk-users] Strange Zaptel Problem

nicu nicu at dotcomlogistic.ro
Mon Oct 23 14:40:10 MST 2006

    I am running a call center with 20-30 operators  with outbound
projects. We have an Digium Quad port E1 interface (TE410P) on an IBM
Server running Ubuntu-server with the lastest version of Asterisk Zaptel
and Libpri.
    The problem is that when there are about 15 or more active calls on
the zap interface asterisk start behaving in a weird way: it starts to
lock for a second or two every few seconds (if i enter >reload it just
display the prompt again and the reload executes 2 or 3 seconds later)
but the most pressing problem is that the sip softphones that the
operators use cannot register randomly (but very often) and the call
initialization takes a very long time (30 -45 sec) and sometimes times
out. The more channels are in use the worst it gets. If there are no zap
channels in use everything works perfectly in the SIP side.
    I am suspecting that during the time asterisk is locked up it looses
sip udp packets. but the weird thing is that established calls are not
affected (RTP works fine).
    If you have any ideas please reply.