[asterisk-users] Why does it take at least 4 flipping days before asterisk tries to resolve a provider?

Andreas Sikkema andreas.sikkema at bbeyond.nl
Mon Oct 23 01:14:55 MST 2006

Remco,

> Asterisk starts before the internet connection is up and dns
> is working.

<knip>

> And then people say nightly asterisk restarts are not a good idea....

Why is your asterisk startup script running before networking has been
setup? Asterisk has the same networking dependencies as apache, so I
start it around the same time using the same priority as apache and as
far as I know networking should work at that time or not at all, not
somewhere in between.

pebkac?

--
Andreas Sikkema                        BBeyond
Software Engineer                Planeetbaan 4