[asterisk-users] checking 'voicemail" externally - doesn't work

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Sun Oct 22 17:13:28 MST 2006

Can not check voice mail-box externally.

I'm trying to log-in externally (from PSTN line) to check my
"voice-mail" so I created context to authenticate log-in
exten => 7,4,Authenticate(01894546)
exten => 7,5,DISA(4789|disa-access)

Authentication works OK, I get inside dial none enter my mailbox
extension but it doesn't accept my mailbox password even though it is
the correct one.
It keep asking me for mailbox, password:

Executing VoiceMailMain("SIP/pstn-1270-0819a1f0", "pstn1270") in new
stack
    -- Playing 'vm-login' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'vm-password' (language 'en')
    -- Incorrect password '123' for user 'tn12701' (context = default)

Could the problem be that the user: "pstn1270" is truncated 'tn12701' ?

When I try to check the mailbox internally for user who doesn't have a
mailbox, it works OK:
vm_execmain: Specified user '218' not found (check voicemail.conf and/or
realtime config).  Falling back to authentication mode.
    -- Playing 'vm-login' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'vm-password' (language 'en')

Though, when I log-in externally, it doesn't display that message:
Specified user '218' not found...
It just asking me for password and telling me it is incorrect one; even
though it is the correct one.

Using latest Asterisk-1.2.13
--
#Joseph