[asterisk-users] G.729 operating on outgoing only

Joel Lansden Joel at digitalparadise.net
Sun Oct 22 07:14:46 MST 2006

Greetings list,

I have an older Dell Poweredge server running Asterisk 1.2.13.  I have
installed 5 licenses for G.729 from Digium.  I have 5 SIP trunks through
a US provider.  When my system makes outgoing calls, they go out as
G.729.  However, when an incoming call comes in, my server does not
indicate to the provider's server that G.729 is an option, so the remote
server sends the call in ULAW.  My sip.conf file has both the remote
server my calls come from, and the remote server we send calls to
listed, with disallow=all then allow=g729, but only the outgoing seems
to be doing what it's supposed to.

Any suggestions?

Joel Lansden
Solutions Architect