[asterisk-users] Unique call ID's across several systems

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sat Oct 21 18:41:41 MST 2006

I have a farm of 7 1u's) with te410p's. When a call comes in, I call an
AGI that creates a channel variable named GLOBALID. The GLOBALID is 2
digits for the host number, 2 digits for the channel number, and 8
characters for the UNIQUEID encoded in hex.

Then, I stuff it into CALLERID(name) so it will be available as the call
is sent (using dial()) to the application servers.

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006, Conrad Wood wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 19:16 +0100, Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
>> hi guys. Is there anyway of generating a universal / global unique id
>> from the dialplan (A uuid or guid). I want to have several asterisk
>> servers sharing a cdr database, and want a unique reference for each
>> call. Obviously, ${UNIQUEID} doesn't work across several * systems/
>
> couldn't you set a variable in the local dialplan and combine ith with
> uniqueid?
> e.g.
> LOCALID=asterisk1
>
> and then
> Set(GLOBALID=${LOCALID}-${UNIQUEID}) or so?
>
> or even use the hostname of the machine?
>
> Conrad

Thanks in advance,