[asterisk-users] Re: 1.4 branch on OSX?

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Sat Oct 21 13:31:42 MST 2006

On 21 Oct 2006, at 17:24, Martin Joseph wrote:

> On 2006-10-21 05:09:33 -0700, Tim Panton <tim at mexuar.com> said:
>
>> On 21 Oct 2006, at 09:58, Martin Joseph wrote:
>>> I tried to update and build 1.4 (SVN-branch-1.4-r45775)  tonight.
>>> I took the additional step of nuking my modules directory first...
>>> When I used the command asterisk -v to start asterisk, it seemed
>>> to  go along and get to the point where asterisk is running(ie
>>> Asterisk  Ready).
>>> At that point it was eating all available CPU.
>> I'll try and catch one of the developers at Astricon on tuesday
>> (Developer's day)
>> and see if we can get to the bottom of this. It used to be that
>> some  of the Digium folks
>> had mac laptops, but I guess that isn't true any more. I'm taking
>> a  couple of mac's
>> with me.
>> Can you tell me which version of xcode you have installed? I'm
>> wondering
>> if the problem is related to the update in the tool chain.
>
> I updated to the xtools 2.4 from the Apple developers website
> (before building 1.4). I also built make 3.81...
>
> I hope this isn't something stupid that I have done!  Thanks for
> your help.

Nope, I reproduced it in Beta3 and filed a bug (0008195) on mantis,
it is now marked as
" Fixed in 1.4 as of revision 45817 and trunk as of revision 45820. "

So an SVN checkout of the 1.4 tree should now fix it.

I have not (yet) tried it, but I do appreciate the swift turn-around
by 'file'

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.com