[asterisk-users] getting DID info..

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 14:01:48 MST 2006

> This might be a newbie question...

You're right, part of it is.  I don't mean to sound rude, but you really
need to go do some research first to get the basics down.  First place is to
read the book, Asterisk: The Future of Telephony (available for free,
there's this site called google.com that can give you loads of information,
including where to download the book), the next stop would be
www.voip-info.org.

By basics, I'm referring to your numbering.  It should be:

exten => s,1,....
exten => s,n,....

Now, to answer your question, which looks to be a good question.  On a PRI,
the variable ${DNID} contains the dialed number (I believe, or at least it
did for me in testing).  On a SIP connection, see:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/DNID.  It appears you may need to use
something else for a SIP connection.  You'll have to see for yourself.  In
my case, it does not return the number dialed, but rather the SIP username
dialed.

BTW, the FROM_DID variable is something from FreePBX, not standard
Asterisk.  Are you using standard Asterisk, FreePBX, Trixbox, or
Asterisk at Home?