[asterisk-users] voicemail usernames can't begin with "j" letter?

Ricardo Carvalho rcarvalho at iric.up.pt
Fri Oct 20 10:08:11 MST 2006

I'm running Asterisk version 1.2.10. I also tried with version 1.2.4 and
got same problem.
I use SIP and in my extensions.conf I have the following code:

exten => _[a-z].,1,Answer
exten => _[a-z].,2,Wait(1)
exten => _[a-z].,3,VoiceMail(${EXTEN})
exten => _[a-z].,4,Hangup

Through my testing I found that the problem is that when someone enters
for example john's voicemail, Asterisk "thinks" that "j" letter is jump
flag to n+1 priority. How can I disable, (if possible) this erroneous
interpretation that Asterisk does?

Regards,
Ricardo.