[asterisk-users] noise gate for asterisk?

Lenz lenz-ml at loway.it
Fri Oct 20 06:59:38 MST 2006

Hi list,
I have a client with a strange requirement: putting a noise gate on the
Asterisk channel. For those who are not familiar with them, noise gates
are used in musical instruments to avoid entering low-level noise into the
amp system. What they basically do is, they measure the volume of the
channel, and when it's too low they just let the channel close, i.e send
perfect silence, therefore killing low-level buzzing sounds. My client has
such a need because they have analog voice-operated push-to-talk
half-duplex devices on the other side, and low level noise from the
Asterisk side will keep the channel open.
I will try diminishing the TXgain, but I wondered if there were other
options too.
l.

--
Loway Research - Home of QueueMetrics