[asterisk-users] using asterisk to do remote control

David Cook (Canada) dbc_asterisk at advan.ca
Fri Oct 20 05:29:53 MST 2006

> If you just want to control a couple of digital points this hardware
may > be overkill, but it is cool stuff.

For smaller implementations you can just use the outbound control lines
(DTR & RTS) on an RS232C port. That can give you control of two on/off
devices.

They only sink about 20ma so isolate them with a solid state relay or
something. A C program to turn on/off is fairly trivial and run it from
AGI. I don't want to clutter the list with code but I can supply if
anyone needs it.

dbc.
--
David Cook