[Asterisk-Users] rxfax problem

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri Oct 20 05:20:18 MST 2006

M. Shokuie Nia wrote:

>Dear folk,
>
>My problem solved after two day research and try and error method ;). It was
>related to rxgain of the board im using. I've set the rxgain to 12 and it
>seems made some problem. As far as I got the spandsp is so sensitive about
>noise on the line and because of that it couldn’t hand shake with other side
>well.

rxfax isn't sensitive to noise at all. At a gain of 12 you've caused
overloading and distortion, and the signal cannot be decoded. Many
people seem to be nearly deaf. They run systems at massive gain with
awful distortion, and seem content until they find something like a
modem or DTMF detection doesn't work too well.

Steve