[asterisk-users] Embedded Asterisk

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Thu Oct 19 13:20:21 MST 2006

Cory Andrews wrote:
> I caught a thread the other day concerning Astricon and users embedding
> Asterisk on a Linksys or Netgear broadband router.  I lost track of the
> email thread, if anyone is presently working with this scenario please shoot
> me an email.
>
> Thanks
>
> Cory Andrews
> ++++++++++++++++++
> VoIPSupply.com
> PBXSelect.com
> ++++++++++++++++++
> 454 Sonwil Drive
> Buffalo, NY 14225
> voice direct - 716.250.3402
> fax - 716.630.1548
> e - Cory at VoIPSupply.com
> m - 716.907.4059
> aim - B2Cory

Cory,

	Brian Capouch is very interested in running Asterisk on Mipsel hardware
like the Linksys WRT, etc.  His latest favorite is the Netgear WGT634U
(it has a USB port for extra storage and a miniPCI slot for a wifi
radio).  It's also dirt cheap (just the way he likes it).
Unfortunately, Netgear has discontinued this model (about a year ago - I
think), so you better get them while they're hot!

	Brian will be helping people flash the the Netgear's with the latest
version of the firmware + Asterisk.

	He is very dedicated to reading the list, I'm sure he'll get back to
you too.

--
Kristian Kielhofner