[asterisk-users] 1.4 downgrade

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Wed Oct 18 15:15:17 MST 2006

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 14:31, Jason Walker wrote:
> I am having a bunch of issues with 1.4 and want to go back to 1.2 any
> ideas on the best way I saw someone say "apt-get remove" will this work
> for asterisk or do I need to do it for each libpri, addons, zaptel and
> asterisk?

That works only if you are running Debian or some flavor thereof like Ubuntu,
and installed it with apt-get. Otherwise it's just source installs. 1.4 has a
make-uninstall target:

[root at asterisk1 asterisk-1.4.0-beta2]# make uninststall
[stuff and more stuff]
 +--------- Asterisk Uninstall Complete -----+
 + Asterisk binaries, sounds, man pages,     +
 + headers, modules, and firmware builds,    +
 + have all been uninstalled.                +
 + To remove ALL traces of Asterisk,         +
 + including configuration, spool            +
 + directories, and logs, run the following  +
 + command:                                  +
 +            make uninstall-all             +

I haven't looked in the other source directories, but it's easy enough to try
out. You can always read the Makefiles to see what they can do.