[asterisk-users] PRI Card

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 12:22:24 MST 2006

Hi -

> We are looking at migrating our office from a Samsung PBX to an Asterisk
> PBX.  I am looking at ordering a PRI with 12 Channels for now (we currently
> have 8 analog lines) and need to know what PRI card you guys would recommend
> that we use.  I have seen some with Echo Cancellation and so on, but don't
> know which one would be best to get.

Your main choices for an internal PRI card are Digium and Sangoma,
though Rhino is now offering one, too.

Digium, Rhino and Sangoma all offer 1, 2, and 4 port versions.  Digium
and Sangoma offer them with or without hardware echo cancellation.
Sangoma also offers an 8 port version (with or without echo can).

I offer this information in an unbiased way in the hopes of preventing
a holy war.  I can't speak for the Rhino cards as they are rather new,
but both the Digium and Sangoma cards work well.  Many Sangoma users
feel that their cards are compatible with a wider variety of
motherboards, but that's the subject of much debate on this list.  I
administer a couple of systems with Digium TE410p's, and they work
well.

Digium offers unlimited support up until their cards are installed and
working.  They'll  RMA most any non-functioning card.  Sangoma offers
a 5 year warranty, and will generally help you out whenever you need
it.

- Noah