[asterisk-users] random one way audio and noise betweenSIP phoneson same LAN

Scott Scecina SScecina at benchmark-systems.com
Wed Oct 18 10:26:56 MST 2006

Giorgio,

I'll answer in reverse order:

I've not had reports of "noise" from my users.  However, when I went down to
get the s/w version from the phone that seems to be acting up the most, the
user reported that earlier they were actually on a call that was ok then
spontaneously dropped the audio. Per my instructions (based on another
similar report I read on Digium's site), my user hit a digit on the phone
which brought back the caller's audio.  I've also had them attempt to put the
call on hold, and then resume, but that did not bring the audio back.

As far as the S/W versions:

One of the phones that acts up (and they all should match):

Polycom 501
BootRom: 3.1.3.0131
BootBlock: 2.5.0
SIP: 1.6.6.0036

My phone, on which I've never experienced the problem:

Polycom 601
BootRom: 3.1.3.0131
BootBlock: 2.6.0
SIP: 1.6.6.0036