[asterisk-users] Findme problem

Eric Jacksch eric.jacksch at tenebris.ca
Wed Oct 18 07:20:43 MST 2006

Greetings all,

I've been working on having Asterisk put a call through to two different numbers, and give the call to the first one that acknowledges by pressing the 1 key.  I found an example on the wiki, but I can't get it working.

When I answer the call I hear the message telling me to press 1 to connect, and as soon as the message is done, the call is connected.  In other words, it is not waiting for me to press a key.

I'm sure this is a forehead slapper, but I just can't see it...can anyone help?  Here's the relevant portion of the dialplan,  It executes the NoOp(Waiting) and then the macro seems to immediately exit and the call is connected.

[default]
exten => _9999XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/provider/${EXTEN:4},40,M(screen))
exten => _9999XXXXXXXXXX,2,Hangup

[macro-screen]
exten => s,1,Wait(1)
exten => s,2,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=5)
exten => s,3,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=10)
exten => s,4,Background(press-1)
exten => s,5,NoOp(Waiting)

exten => 1,1,NoOp(Caller accepted)

exten => i,1,NoOp(Invalid response)
exten => i,2,Set(MACRO_RESULT=CONTINUE)

exten => t,1,NoOp(Timeout)
exten => t,2,Set(MACRO_RESULT=CONTINUE)

[find-eric]
exten => s,1,Playback(pls-wait-connect-call)
exten => s,n,Dial(LOCAL/99996135551212&LOCAL/99996135551313,40,m)

(I have replaced the phone numbers with bogus ones).

Thanks,
Eric