[asterisk-users] nat auto detect ?

Benjamin Jacob benjamin.jacob at masconit.com
Wed Oct 18 04:32:31 MST 2006

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:

> Benjamin Jacob wrote:
>
>> Hello ppl,
>> This post is to do with the variables 'nat' or 'canreinvite' for sip
>> entities.
>> Idealy users, wont be static, they could be roaming all over the
>> globe. So, setting someone as behind NAT, and disabling canreinvite,
>> etc., restricts the roaming capabilities of a user.
>

> No.  Almost all devices work fine with nat=yes, even if they are not
> behind NAT.

hmm.. ok..let me rephrase my subject, it shud be  "canreinvite auto detect?"
The issue is to set canreinvite to yes or no. In an ideal world, the
server shud detect, if it should have media passing thru itself, or
allow a peer-to-peer audio flow. Ofcourz this behaviour should be
controllable.

So, the question is, wot do I set canreinvite to?If two users, who are
behind two different NATs, and some beautiful morning, step out into the
internet, and then make calls, it would be wonderful to let the audio
flow between each other directly, thereby offloading the traffic off the *.

Any chances?

cheerz
- Ben.