[asterisk-users] Orange Flash Light Mitel 5215 - Asterisk - working !

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 03:43:41 MST 2006

Hi guys,

I'm trying to reuse Mitel 5215 from proprietary system now into Asterisk :) !

I've them already with SIP and handling calls sucessfully!

I've followed instructions from:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+phone+Mitel+5220

Additional Servers

    * Outbound Server: Off
    * Outbound Server URL: blank
    * Outbound Server Port: blank
    * Voice Mail Server: <mailbox # @ * hostname or IP>
    * Number of rings: 4
    * Port: 5060
    * Backup Server Timeout: 4 Seconds

This is just great, but i still with a problem! The Orange Flash light
from those phones stills turning Flashing (ON/OFF) all day. It seems
to me could be bad configuration of voicemail server parameter:
   Voice Mail Server: <mailbox # @ * hostname or IP>

Could you explain me what it means # here ?

As the Message button also works to retrieve voicemail messages, i
thought to put it like

*986XXX at myserver

This works good to retrieve the voicemail pressing message button, but
the Orange light keeps turning on and off all day:(

Any one can help me on this or has experience with this? Could be a
bad interpretation from me about the instructions on wiki.

Thanks,

Marco Mouta