[asterisk-users] Electric usage of a tdm400p

Bob Chiodini bchiodini at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 03:34:50 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 11:59 -0500, Erick Perez wrote:
> Hi people,
> When you use a TDM400p with 4FXS i know i need to connect a 12V
> connector to power the FXS lines.
> Im not good at electric stuff so I ask...If I have a 60W DC to DC
> adapter (80W peak) then, how much power will the TDM 400P consume? can
> it be powered?

Erick,

Per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_(telephone) in the US the ring
voltage is around 90VAC (20 Hz) with a current of 30 milliamperes (REN
~5).  This translates to 2.7 watts.  Assuming a DC/DC converter
efficiency of 38% (probably low), you would need about 3.7 watts, per
FXS module.  About 15 watts, total.

What is the TDM card installed in and is a disk drive cable available?

Bob...