[asterisk-users] Server power indication

Erik erik at infopact.nl
Wed Oct 18 02:06:25 MST 2006

Hello list,

I'm currently looking into building a new Asterisk server, due to some codec problems i've got to transcode most of my channels between
Alaw -- G729. Is there any indication on how many channels you would be able to transcode on a certain platform?

I'm looking into  dual Xeon or dual Opteron configurations, which of these platforms would perform better?
And how much power would be needed to transcode 120 Channels PRI to G729 (for example Digium TE412P)?

Erik