[asterisk-users] Out dialing Integration

Shawn Kelley shawn at sellersaide.com
Tue Oct 17 20:00:04 MST 2006

Hi all,
I need some direction. If anyone has any advice to point me in the right direction I’d greatly appreciate it.

We need to place automated outbound calls to our customers notifying them of new information about their account.
Ideally it would call them, what for the answer (possibly use voice detect) then play a recorded messages along with some dynamic text to speech. It would them give them the ability to respond to the information via touch tone and we would perform actions and database updates based on the reply.

I am a VB.NET programmer so the Linux side of me is very very rough. (Please don’t throw stones at me)  ☺

So in my case, it would be best for me to take a VB.NET application and interface into our Asterisk box. I’ve looked at the Asterisk.NET code and what little example they have, but it’s all still very muddy to me.
Should I be trying to accomplish this using FastAGI or via the Manager API? I have yet to fully understand these two methods of interface along with the differences of each.

Could someone please give me some advice?

Thanks in advance!
--Shawn