[asterisk-users] Extremely choppy sound on some of ourPOTSnetwork calls; goes away with mute

sdgesa gaeharth pollux1234567890 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 18:07:04 MST 2006

None of these steps have made a difference. Any other suggestions? Here is my original post:

Can anyone help me to figure out why I can not write to a public share? I was able to join the domain without a problem.  I can access the share from an xp box.   I just can not write: "Access denied".

  thanks

  specs:

  FC5
  samba-common-3.0.23c-1.fc5
  samba-3.0.23c-1.fc5

  smb.conf:
  [global]
  name resolve order = host
  disable netbios = yes
  workgroup = DOMAIN
  realm = DOMAIN.COM
  netbios name = NET
  preferred master = no
  server string = NET
  security = ADS
  encrypt passwords = yes
  log file = /var/log/samba/%m
  max log size = 50
  winbind separator = +
  wins support = no
  idmap uid = 10000-20000
  idmap gid = 10000-20000
  winbind enum users = yes
  winbind enum groups = yes
  winbind use default domain = yes
  debug level = 2

  [myshare]
  path = /usr/netshare
  writable = yes
  public = yes
  read onfiltered=  no

  properties of the share:
  drwxrwxrwx  3 root root  4096 Sep 29 14:06 netshare

Rich Adamson <radamson at routers.com> wrote: Noah Miller wrote:

>>> This is the most important thing here - what does your zapata.conf look
>>> like?
>>>
>>  zapta.comf
>>  switchtype=national
>
> This is not necessary in your case.  It pertains to PRI lines, and not
> the POTS lines you have.
>

>>  echocancel=yes
>>  echotraining=yes
>>  echocancelwhenbridged=yes
>
> You may want to turn each of these off, in turn, for testing,
> especially the "echocancewhenbridged".
>
> You can also tune the "echocancel" setting in terms of taps (a tap is
> one sample from the data stream per second).   You can use the values:
> 16, 32, 64, 128, or 256 ('yes' just means 128).

Might also try echotraining=800. That parameter causes the zaptel code
to wait 800 milliseconds before pulsing the pstn line, and that pulse
return is used to preload the software echo canceller to some reasonable
starting point. Not usre if this will have any impact on your problem,
but might be worth a try.