[asterisk-users] considering purchasing a t1 card, any recommendations?

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Oct 17 16:00:53 MST 2006

Richard wrote:

> I would have to second the Sangoma buy.  Their tech support is second to
> none and more then helpful.
>

> I've never had any problems with their products that wasn't my own fault.

You do have to be careful with Sangoma.  We recently had a Digium 4-Port
T-1 card blow up.  There was some kind of surge somewhere and we lost
the card (there was also a channel bank that was installed by the telco
that how blown up).  I was VERY stupid and decided to get two 2-Port
Sangoma cards to replace the blown 4-Port Digium card.  We use DACS and
DACS RBS quite a bit on this specific system and until Sangoma sent me
an unreleased version of their driver the Sangoma card did not support
DACS RBS.

Sangoma does make good cards and have good support.  You just should not
expect them to be a totally transparent replacement for a Digium card.

Prototype a system first.